In the aftermath of the latest data security breach, CCB would like to remind you to protect yourself, and your identity.
CCB has a Fraud Monitoring service that may contact you to validate your Check Card purchases. If you are in doubt of the authenticity of the call, please call CCB directly and we can verify the information for you.
Below are some valuable tips for taking proactive security measures:
• Be sure to use unique passwords for all financial online accounts. Never share or duplicate usage of your password, account number, PIN or answers to security questions.
• Monitor all of your financial accounts and report any suspicious activity, such as false or multiple charges, to your community bank immediately.
• Do not save credit or debit card, banking account or routing numbers, or other financial information, on your computer, phone or tablet.
• Be vigilant about using a password on mobile devices. Be sure to set your devices to automatically lock after a selected period of time to ensure no one can access your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
• Do not provide your secure financial information over the phone or Internet if you are unsure of who is asking for it. Contact your community bank directly by using the phone number on the back of your debit or credit card, or stop in your bank to speak with someone in person. Remember, your community bank will never contact or text you asking for personal or banking information. Assume any unsolicited text request is fraudulent.
• Be aware of the location of your mobile devices (smartphones, tablets) at all times. Only log on financial websites when you have a secure, safe and trusted Internet connection.